Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Decorating with Books

I love decorating with books.  Given all the bookshelves in this house, I've been on the constant prowl for books on the cheap to fill the shelves.  I actually do a fair amount of book buying based on the color of the book's binding.  I'd like to have a nice rainbow collection of books so I have a selection for rooms with specific color schemes going on in them.  (I've been on the hunt for yellow books for the last couple weeks, but they are hard to come by.  I may resort to using some children's books.  We'll see.)

Buying all of these books at full price would be pricey to say the least, especially when I care less about the titles than the colors:).  (I do read the titles though and avoid certain types of books.  I've passed on at least 50 copies of the South Beach Diet book even though it has a nice blue cover.  I don't want super weird books in my house.)  I recently picked up a copy each of Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy, Love Matters by Delilah, Steve Doocy's The Mr. & Mrs. Happy Handbook and Molly Ringwald's Getting the Pretty Back.  Some of these I wouldn't mind reading:).








Q: Guess how long my shelves stay looking like this?

A: Not long.

Want to know my secret for buying books on the cheap? 
Goodwill.  Clearance Book Bins.  Hardcover books for 15 cents each.

When the inventory is good, I buy them by the bagful:).

1 comment:

  1. wow these are some great finds! i love the colors...and for $0.15?? Seriously? I need to get to Goodwill apparently.

    ReplyDelete