Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekly Errand Run...The Usual

Nothing too terribly exciting this week, except I think the cashiers at Target and Walgreens think I'm a crazy, extreme couponer.  I'm not.  Far from it.  I watched that show once and my jaw was on the floor the whole time.  People create rooms in their homes to hold the piles of coupon inserts they have or they put up peg boards to hang their goods like stores do.  That's nutty.  I devote about 1 hour per week preparing for my errands.  That's it, and I usually only get 1 newspaper for coupons.  I also try to only buy what we need (unless someone's going to pay me to take something out of the store) or will eventually use.  I have a pretty good storage system for my 'stockpile' and I'll have to share that sometime soon. 

Anyway, I did have a pile of coupons for both stores this week, but I think I hit some unfriendly cashiers.  They couldn't find anything wrong with even one of my coupons, but I think they were trying, which is weird.  I didn't let them get me down.  When I saw my $64 Target total go down to $20.42 (using a couple gift cards from last week..I also earned a couple gift cards this week with a coupon and a diaper deal), I was too excited to be upset by a silly cashier.

Here's a brief run down:

Target:
Lots of the items I picked up this week were not even on sale, but we needed....like the paper plates, Cascade and parmesan cheese, so my total was especially exciting to me when you take into account that those 4 items (2 cheeses) were $15 alone. 


Also, consider that each diaper pack (I bought 3) is normally $8.99.  I also picked up a cute little coat/shirt for Charm that I've been eyeing for $4.74.


More Revlon products for a profit, another cheap Scotch scissors for $0.99, Nivea body wash for 4 cents each after coupons, Degree deo for 34 cents after coupons, FREE Tide Stain Release after coupons, 13 cent band-aids after coupons.


Walgreens:


I paid $3.20 for everything pictured.  And I received $9 RR.  Diapers, Wipes, 4 toothbrushes, a fancy razor for B-Dog, Sobe Lifewater, Gummy worms and Chex Mix.  Woo-Hoo!!


Rainbow:

No pictures this week, but I did save big!!  Total spent: $50.52, Total Saved: $66.20.  It helped that I could double 10 manufacturer coupons this week, and I had a coupon for a free bag of Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries. 

Next week's challenge: NO ERRANDS!!  We'll see if I can stay away from the stores altogether:)!


No comments:

Post a Comment