Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wine is Good for You

That's what we believe around here anyway, and although Bill and I met in a bar where we were both drinking beer:), we still love a good glass of wine with increasing frequency as of late.  We found a couple organic wine options at our local Trader Joe's and we love them!




As for the corks that come out of the bottles we're consuming, we're taking after my dear Aunt Judi and saving them.  Judi has a huge tub full of them in her great room.  It's quite an impressive collection.  We've been marking a few of our wine corks with important dates that we popped open a wine bottle for...like holidays and birthdays, and even cinco de mayo:)!



And we've been placing the corks in this 'vase' of sorts.  It's the same set up we used for this post.




It's been fun to watch the cork level rise:).  Has anyone else been collecting wine corks?  Has anyone made art out of them?

7 comments:

  1. i don't save them, but if i did i would have plenty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make one of these.
    http://www.michaels.com/Wine-Cork-Serving-Tray/e10206,default,pd.html

    I am making one for my step dad as soon as I get enough corks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is super cute, and I definitely have enough trays laying around here!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading this at 1pm and now I want 'day' wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day wine sounds delicious! I usually try to hold off until Bill gets home but there are some days where I don't make it:)! I figure 4pm is the new 5pm, right?

      Delete
  4. You probably inspired me to start a collection too...we just were big beer drinkers until recently:)!

    ReplyDelete