Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


I hope you all have a green and lovely day!  We spent some time yesterday planning for a little family St. Patrick's Day celebration:)!

I happen to think using rainbows to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is great fun!  We made these cupcakes and decorated them with simple rainbows:


I also set Lucky up with a bunch of rainbow colored paper strips, some clothes pins, and the canvas with twine that I use over and over again.



Here is what she came up with:)!:


I set the counter for breakfast last night:


We'll be having green milk and cereal in the heart shaped ramekins from World Market.  (I picked them up for Valentine's Day, but they are green so they are going to work for St. Patrick's Day too!)  Shamrock straws and rainbow headbands from the dollar bin complete the setting:).


We'll also be enjoying a sweet treat throughout the day:)!
I got this idea from this post that I found on Pinterest.  It has Rolos to represent gold at the bottom of the chocolate candy rainbow with marshmallows on top to represent clouds.  I picked up the long skinny vases at Walmart for $1.47 each.


I also found real Shamrocks (that open and close every day and night) at Trader Joe's for $2.99.

We're all set for a very fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy St Pattys Day! The leprechauns came and brought us green milk while we were sleeping...it's magical! Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete